阳东广雅中学 2015-2016 学年度第一学期高一年级英语诊断性测试 （五）
测试时间：12 月 21 日 19:00-20:30 总分：100 分
一、单项选择 (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 1. Nowadays many school children ________ too much time _________ playing computer games. A. spend; on B. devote; to C. take; to D. cost; in
2. Tom is always going to school early. It is ________ for him to be late. A. rare B. common C. usual D. ordinary
3. A good teacher is believed to be one who devotes himself to the children but asks for nothing _______. A. in return B. in advance C. in short D. in turn
4. Though it is dark and raining hard, the children went out ________ their lost dog. A. in honor of B. in celebration of C. in danger of D. in search of
5. Though I haven’t read the book Pride and Prejudice, it is _______ reading it. A. worth B. worthless C. value D. valueless
6. Happiness and success often come to those ________ are good at recognizing their own strengths. A. whom B. who C. what D. which
7. The books on the desk, ________ covers are shiny, are prizes for us. A. which B. what C. whose D. that
8. It is the third time that she has won the race, _______ has surprised us all. A. that B. where C. which D. what
9. The year _________Angela and her family spent together in China was 2008. A. when B. where C. which D. why
10. We have reached a stage ________ a change is needed. A. which B. that C. when D. where
二、完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) Nearly everyone is shy in some ways. If shyness is making you time for a few lessons in self-confidence. You can following some 13 12 11 it may be
your confidence by
from doctors and psychologists. Making a decision is not to
hold back in conversations. What you have to say is just as important as what others to say. And don’t 14 party invitations just because of your 16 15 .
Prepare yourself for being with qualities you have. Then like to say it. If you start 20 18 17
in groups. Make a list of the good
a list of ideas, experiences, and skills you would 19 . Then
with other people. Think about what you would like to
shy in a group, take a deep 22
and focus your attention
on other people. Remember, you are not 23
. Other people are concerned about the 24 but most people 26 that they 27 the
they are making, too. No one ever gets over being shy 25
do learn to
with their shyness. Even entertainers(艺人)
often feel shy. They work at fighting their shy feelings so that they can cameras and the public. Just making a(an) 28 rewards. 29
to control shyness can have many
perhaps the best reason to fight shyness is to give other people a
to know more about you. 11. A. comfortable 12. A. take 13. A. suggestions 14. A. turn off 15. A. shyness 16. A. parents 17. A. put 18. A. do 19. A. improve 20. A. looking 21. A. rest B. uncomfortable B. throw B. sentences B. turn up B. confidence B. others B. take B. get B. time B. falling B. breath C. happy C. build C. questions C. turn in C. bravery C. teachers C. make C. take C. hear C. gaining C. chair D. unhappy D. lose D. rules D. turn down D. fondness D. classmates D. show D. share D. hasten D. feeling D. bath
22. A. alone 23. A. advice 24. A. hardly 25. A. bring 26. A. admit 装) 27. A. take 28. A. affection balance(平衡) 29. A. And 30. A. hope
B. lonely B. dress B. happily B. live B. deny(否认)
C. selfish C. impression C. completely C. disagree C. ignore
D. brave D. request D. suddenly D. talk D. pretend(假
B. experience B. effort
D. face D.
C. effect( 效 果 )
B. Or B. demand
C. So C. chance
D. But D. trust
三、阅读理解(共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分) A It feels like every time my mother and I start to have a conversation, it turns into an argument. We talk about something as simple as dinner plans and suddenly, my mother will push the conversation into the Third World War. She is always talking about my lack of bright future because I don’t plan to be a doctor. And much to her disappointment(失望), I don’t want to do any job related to science, either. In fact, when I was pushed to say that I planned to major(主修) in English, she nearly had a heart attack. “Why can’t you be like my co-worker’s son?” she bemoans all the time. Her co-worker’s son received a four-year scholarship(奖学金) and is now earning 70,000 dollars a year as an engineer. I don’t know what to say except that I simply can’t be like Mr. Perfect as I’ve called the unnamed co-worker’s son. I can’t be like him. I am the type of the person who loves to help out in the community(社区), writes until the sun goes down, and most of all, wants to achieve a career because of loving it, not because of fame or money. I understand why my mother is worried about my future major. I’ve seen my mother struggle to raise(养育) me on her small salary and work long hours. She leaves the
house around 6:30 am and usually comes back around 5 pm or even 6 pm. However, I want her to know that by becoming a doctor, it doesn’t mean I’ll be successful. I’d rather follow my dreams and create my own future. 31. Which of the following topics do the writer and his mother often talk about? A. The writer’s studies C. Dinner plans B. wars around the world D. the writer’s future job
32. The underlined word “bemoans” in Paragraph2 most probably means ________. A. agrees B. shouts C. smiles D. complains
33. Which of the following statements is probably TRUE about the writer? A. He wants to be like his mother’s co-worker’s son. B. he wants to find a job as his mother expects. C. He wants to do something he really likes in the future D. He doesn’t think his mother’s co-worker’s son is perfect. 34. We can know from the last paragraph that _______. A. the writer’s mother works very hard for the family B. the writer doesn’t know what his future will be like C. the writer doesn’t think being a doctor is good D. the writer sometimes thinks his mother’s advice is very good. 35. What the attitude of the writer to his future? A. He thinks he must be successful. B. He thinks he will follow his mother’s advice. C. He wants to follow his own heart. D. He has no idea about his future.
根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 （E 选项答题卡填涂 AB，F 选项答题卡填涂 CD，G 选项填涂 ABCD） B How to Improve Eyesight Naturally Eyes are important for everybody. You must take care and try everything in hand to keep them in good condition. Here are some tips to improve your eyesight.
36 Strain(压力) is known to be a factor in many health conditions and eye strain is no exception(例外). Try meditation(冥想), yoga or other methods of stress relief to improve your eyesight and overall health. Try palming(把??藏在手掌) Sit upright in a comfortable chair. 37 Cup our hands so that there is no
pressure on your eyes. Let your fingers rest across your forehead(额头). There should be no light entering your eyes. Palming should be done for a period of 5 to 10 minutes to start. Palming should be relaxing. It may help to do palming in a dark room. Avoid sugar as much as possible. 38 It will unhappily affect(影响) your eyesight, which affects the eyes
by producing a larger amount of insulin(胰岛素) in the blood. Therefore you shouldn’t be having much fruit juice or something that contains a lot of sugar. Exercise your eyes. The only exercise most eyes get is daily rubbing when we’ re tired or suffering from eye strain. But eye exercise is actually good for your eyes and improve your vision(视野). 39 Blink as fast as you can for a few seconds, then close your
eyes tightly, open and repeat. Do this exercise 3 to 4 times daily. Eat healthy foods. You probably hear all the time that eating the right foods is necessary for the good health. 40 Foods that are high in fiber( 纤 维 ), vitamin C, D and
beta-carotene (胡萝卜素) as well as other vitamins can improve your vision. Here are a few foods that can be beneficial to good vision: carrots, eggs, blueberries, spinach, kale, grapes, and fresh garlic. A. Reduce eye strain. B. Keep your eyes moist (湿润的). C. Sugar is your eyes’ worst enemy. D. Give your eyes a workout with the following exercise. E. You may not be aware that your diet affects your vision, but it does. F. Close your eyes and cover them with the palms of your hands.
G. Be sure to get plenty of sleep so that your eyes don’t strain to stay open during the day.
四、基础知识 A. 课文填空(共 10 空；每空 1 分，满分 10 分) 1. 这是两国交战的时期。 _______ ________ ________ ________ when the two countries were at war. 2. 毫无疑问，这些箱子后来被装进火车运往哥尼斯堡。 _______ ________ ________ ________ that the boxes were then put on a train for Konigsberg. 3.腓特烈威廉一世，这个琥珀屋的主人，决定不要他了。 Frederick William I, to _______ the amber room ________, decided not to keep it.
B. 翻译句子(共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 1. 她以我喜欢的方式烹调鸡肉。 （定语从句） She cooked chicken in the way .
2. 在考试结束前核对下答案很有必要。 （be worth doing; check） It is before the exam is over.
3. 我对他评价不高，因为他经常撒谎。(highly) I don’t _________________________ of him because he often lies. 4. 不足五十人参加了会议。 ________________________ fifty people attended the meeting. 5. 使我们吃惊的是，是这个小男孩解出了这个问题。(amazement) ___________________, it was the little boy who worked out the difficult problem.
五、书面表达(满分 20 分) 根据提示完成对赵州桥的介绍。词数：100 左右。 赵州桥（The Zhaozhou Bridge）位于河北省南部，被联合国列为世界文化遗产，得到了 中国政府很好的保护。 情况：
1. 赵州桥建于隋朝，由李春建造。 2. 赵州桥全部用石头建成。 3. 桥长 50.82 米，宽 9 米多，比中国古代的其他任何石桥都要宽，恰似一弯大彩虹。 4. 每年有成千上万的人参加。 提示：联合国 the United Nations rainbow 保护 protection 隋朝 Sui Dynasty 彩虹
阳东广雅中学 2015-2016 学年度第一学期 命题人：董姮 测试时间：12 月 21 日 19:00-20:30 总分：100 分 一、单项选择 1-5 BAADA 二、完形填空 11-15 BCADA 三、阅读理解 31-35 DDCAC 四、基础知识 41. This was a time when 42. There is no doubt 43. whom belonged 44. that I liked 45. worth checking 46. think highly of 47. Less than 48. To our surprise 五、书面表达 36-40 AFCDE 16-20 BCDAD 21-25 BACCB 26-30 ADBAC 6-10 BCCCD