人教版高中英语必修1教案： Unit2 England around the world Reading 教案(序列五) Word版
必修一 Unit2 English around the world
1. Learn and master the following words and expressions: majority native total tongue equal government situation international organization trade tourism global communicate
2. Train the Ss to summarize the main idea of each paragraph. 3. Get the Ss to know the importance of English.
Teaching Important Point:
1. To get the Ss to master the useful expressions: a majority of in total except for
2. To make the Ss know the situation of English around the world clearly.
Teaching Difficult Points:
1. How to arouse the Ss’ interest in learning English .
2 How to help the Ss complete the reading tasks smoothly.
1. The method of arousing the Ss interest in what they will learn. 2. Task-based approach to improve the Ss’ reading ability.
1. the multimedia 2. a tape recorder 3. the blackboard
Arouse the students’ interest by a questionnaire: 1. What are we doing here today? 2. Why do we learn English as a foreign language?
3. Besides English, what other languages can you speak?
4. In what situations do you speak English/ Chinese/ Qionglai dialect/ other languages?
Ask Ss to read the passage and summarize the main idea of each paragraph.
Para1 More than 750 million people speak English as their native language or a second language.
Para2 More than 750 million people learn English as a foreign language.
Para3 English is the working language of most international organization, trade and tourism.
Read the text carefully, and then tell me what these numbers refer to.
42 countries 375 million 750 million 50 years
1. People from the following countries except ____ use English as their mother language.
A. New Zealand
B. South Africa C. the Philippines D. Ireland
2. Which is true about those who use English as a second language?
A. English is also their mother tongue.
B. English is usually the official language in their countries.
C. They learn English for five or six years at high school.
D. They talk with family members at home in English.
3. What’s the situation of English used in China?
A. All Chinese students speak English as a foreign language.
B. Most Chinese students learn English at school as a foreign language.
C. The majority of Chinese speak English at school as a foreign language.
D. The majority of people in Hong Kong use English as their mother tongue.
4. Which of the following statements cannot be inferred from the last paragraph?
A. In the past 50 years, the English language has developed very fast.
B. English is widely used in different fields around the world.
C. Those who can’t speak good English will never be successful in international trade.
D. More and more people around the world will be able to communicate in English.
Step 3. Post -reading
1. Complete the summary on P11.
2. Listen to the text and repeat after the tape. 3. Retelling Ask the students to retell the text in their own words with their books closed. The teacher will show some key words on the screen to help them. Then invite some students to retell the three paragraphs in turn.
Step 5 Homework
Try to retell the text in your own words and write down the passage.